Hierdie Daaglikse Dagboek Gids (Afrikaans) is ideaal vir diegene wat beginners is in die proses van dagboek skryf.
To Journal is the act of keeping track of your personal thoughts, feelings, insights and experience. It can be written, drawn or typed. It can be on paper or on your computer. It’s a simple, low cost way to improve your mental health.
Psychologists and experts acknowledge that true change occurs only in the reflection and consideration of an experience. So journal writing gives you that opportunity without necessarily talking to a therapist on a daily basis.
It is not always easy to start a journal. It can feel like work, and the expectation of writing every day can scare some people off. But the positive effects of journal books can be felt, even if they are not done daily.
The one website refers to 83 benefits of journal writing, but today we will only examine 5 main benefits
1. Reduce stress
2. Improves immune function because the gastrointestinal system and the brain are so closely related to each other. They do not say in vain that you should trust your gut.
3. Keep memory sharp
4. Boost your mood or mood
5. Strengthen emotional function
Tips on how to tackle journal writing:
– Become aware of your patterns, thoughts, feelings and behaviors that make you feel trapped or trapped. The areas and experiences you can consider are your emotional, social / interpersonal, spiritual, physical and professional or financial lifestyles.
– Then select a small area of change.
– Set conscious intention to bring about change in that one chosen area
– Ask yourself;
– Today I practice___
– On this day I am grateful for___
– Today I am___
– Change in this area allows Me to___
– Today I practice___
– Then start practicing to change the thoughts, feelings and behaviors that make you feel trapped
– Repeat the above process every day or as often as possible to effect transformation.
The days I remember to journal but do not fancy journaling, it’s my brain’s need to avoid something. So even that is a sign of mental health.
Using the emotion wheel can be very beneficial for emotional regulation, building self awareness and relationship with yourself and others.